Tuesday, July 3, 2007

iPhone Activation Woes - Porting My Wife's Number

I called the Port Center at AT&T this morning to see about porting her old cell number to her new iPhone. I was probably on the phone for about an hour this morning, but the couple of people helping me were unable to perform the port. It has something to do with the fact the number we were given is not in our region. It is in the Mobile, Alabama region. I was told to go to an AT&T store and get a new SIIM card and have a local number assigned.

At lunch, my wife and I visited the AT&T store and explained the situation. It was there were I met D'Andre. I already knew his name because someone else had mentioned him in the MacRumors forums as someone who was very helpful. I can confirm that D'Andre can make things happen. Without hesitation he got me a new SIM card and started making calls. While he wasn't able to do the port right there over the phone. He was able to get a new, local phone number assigned and make sure our independent iPhone plans were merged into a single plan like I wanted from the start. Now I need to do the activation again with this new SIM card as an existing customer. Once that takes, I can try the port again. Almost there!

No comments: