Monday, July 2, 2007

iPhone Activation Woes - Still on the Line

I've been asked for my driver's license number and if I live near Miami. I believe those are unrelated questions though. I live nowhere near Miami. How many times have I given them my address? She says the wrong market was entered for me. I asked if I should have my old phone turned off. She said yes. She then asked me to connect the iPhone to my computer. I get the standard "Your activation requires additional time to complete." message. She says this is because she is working on my order now. I'll be amazed if a keystroke on her end causes something in my iTunes to change.

She says she is porting over my number now and it should only be a little while now. Really? One person can do what a dozen before had tried and failed? She is now adding my rate plan and features -- so she says. Now she says she is finally getting somewhere and commends my patience. What I have exhibited is "beyond patience" I say. I'm now back on hold while she "finishes this".

No comments: